Monday, March 09, 2009

Liz Lemon , Food and Me.




The similarities between my own existence and that of the fictional character Liz Lemon (awesomely portrayed by Tina Fey on “30 Rock”) are many, we love to eat things that are bad for us, we make fashion choices that are probably not all that different from what we wore in middle school and we both prefer to wear black, as it ,in our minds ,makes us look thin.



If only ,I too could have a boss like Jack Donaghy in my life to mentor me and show me how to use my money to make more money.

I think a lot of women can relate to Liz, I know I do. Everything from wanting to stay home and ordering carbo loaded food or having body image issues or finding it extremely difficult to stay in heels for too long or in a tight dress for more than an hour or being totally weird.

Would I give up my favorite sandwich to meet a friend of mine whose plane is taking off in seconds? I think I too like Liz would devour my sandwich as quickly as I can and then go to meet my friend. I too believe that I can have it all and so I take up the challenges that every new day brings me , of course there are times when I feel anxious and that’s where food comforts me but I know I will overcome all challenges and eventually shine.

Liz Lemon rocks!!!She makes me laugh and see life from a humorous perspective.After Ally Mcbeal ,I feel Liz is real and easy to relate to.

Would you spend your last dollar on a nail polish or a donut and if your answer is a donut then you too my friend may have a Liz Lemon in you.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM , Blogger Prapti said...

i so understand why you relate to Liz Lemon!
Its like i feel that there is an Ally McBeal in me.It is almost like my inner self wanting to come out and do or say all the things that i want to.
And then we both have food issues!
I totally appreciate this post sis cuz it voices the unsaid.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger manny singh said...

i love 30 rock too!!
as for u being liz...well...i know u like black and i know u like ur carbs but u are definitely hotter, smarter, wittier and above all else more dedicated than she is to jack!!
i love u and ur blogs...always fun to see how many differnt ways ur mind works...
keep blogging cause ur writing is what i was attracted to from the beginning...it always is well ....a side of u that only appears here!!!
i love u!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home